Diet restrictions. Major diet restrictions…albeit just for 6 months…but it’s so hard!! I’ve always eaten whatever I enjoyed, no food allergies, no cholesterol…but now, I have to put a huge clamp on what I can allow on my plate/bowl/fork/spoon/chopstick.
To start…I have to straight up avoid these:
- Seafood (especially kelp products)
- Dairy products (cheese, icecream, milk)
- Processed foods (easy enough…we’ve been avoiding that anyways)
- Caffeine (Tim’s steeped tea!!)
- Alcohol (and we have all that lovely wine from the Okanagan too)
And then I have to reduce to the bare minimum:
- Soy products (tofu, soy milk, soy sauce)
- Grain products like bread
- Salt (no eating out?!? sigh.)
My Hubby’s the Enforcer…and my pouting isn’t working. Which I’m thankful I guess. I know this is temporary…just 6 short months…but for someone who LOVES food. It’s hard. I’m not disciplined. And I will whine about it for the first week or two.