January :: Graves Disease | Weak | Skywalker sugery | Two weak people trying to take care of each other | February :: Hypothyroid | Diet restrictions | New furnace | Drawing again | March :: Still hypothyroid | Learning to slow down | Trying to get strong | April :: Off Meds!! | First Anniversary | May :: Crazy hair loss | Exodus Tour – Heat, Sinai, Camels, Dead Sea, Walked and swam where Jesus did | June :: Hyperthyroid | Back on meds | Faith vs Medicine | July :: Two family reunions and one wedding | Sooke, BC | Fifth memorial anniversary | Unsanitary clam chowder | Eye mask love | August :: Normal | Camping oops | Cable is cut | Hard drive Catastrophe | Canada robbed! | September :: Still normal | Move Part 1 | October :: Nearing hypothyroid | Packing chaos | Move Part 2: Finally back | November :: Hypothyroid | San Francisco road trip | Biking fail | Church search | December :: Off meds! | Looking forward instead of backwards | First Christmas by ourselves | Church found |
(Idea from emgy’s blog. Thanks!)
- What did you do in 2012 that you have never done before?
Cross country ski, stay in Sooke, BC and eat contaminated clams, have diet restrictions
- Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions and will you make more next year?
I haven’t made New Year’s Resolutions in about five years now…don’t know that I will start again
- Did someone close to you give birth in 2012?
Lots of friends and a couple family members
- Did someone close to you die?
- What countries did you visit?
Egypt, Jordan, Israel, USA
- What did you lack in 2012 that you would like more of in 2013?
Hand eye coordination, memory, generous spirit, self-control
- What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory?
December 12, 2012…the last repetitive date for the century
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Longest stretch of regular voluntary physical activity in my life
- What was your biggest failure?
Miscommunicating with Skywalker and getting his SIL’s hard drive destroyed
- Did you suffer injury or illness?
Yes, Graves Disease
- What was the best purchase you made?
A beautiful soft black leather jacket for $60 CAD
- Whose behaviour merited the most celebration?
Victoria Soto…who hid her young students and gave up her life to protect them from the gunman.
- Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
All the psychopathic killers around the world. I will not name them.
- Where did most of your money go?
Traveling to the Middle East
- What did you get really really excited about?
Biking across the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco…until I actually did it an was so wiped out by it. I couldn’t bike back account some leg cramping.
- What song will always remind you of 2012?
“Gangnam Style” by Psy
- Compared to this time last year, are you?
Happier or hardened? Happier
Thinner or fatter? Both as I swung from hyper to hypothyroid states
Richer or poorer? Both as I got a raise but my husband started contract work which pays less to start
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sing out loud in the shower, yoga, see my family
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worry or get anxious
- How did you spend Christmas?
It was our first Christmas by ourselves….no immediate family nearby. We slept in. Made bacon and eggs with toast for breakfast. Opened a few gifts. Made matcha white chocolate cookies (and slightly burnt them). Went to a friend’s place for an “orphans” Christmas dinner.
- Did you fall in love in 2012?
Yes…more deeply so with my Skywalker
- Any one night stands?
Well yes but we’re hoping to go to Ikea soon to pick up a second night stand to match the first one. 😉
- What was your favourite program?
Big Bang Theory, Criminal Minds
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate last year?
Nope. Hate is an aweful waste of energy and emotion.
- What was the best book you read?
Nonfiction: The Healthy Home by Dr Wentz, Fiction: The Hunger Games trilogy
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
Not sure if it’s “great” but it was a great surprise in that after moving and unpacking in Vancouver, we discovered we’re missing half of the power cord for my electric piano….so now I can’t play it. =(
- What did you want, and get?
To live in Vancouver again
- What did you want, and not get?
To be free from Graves Disease….but we’ll see what this year brings. Praying!
- Favourite film of this year?
Can’t think of any…didn’t go to many and none were spectacular
- What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Skywalker bought me flowers and took me out to dinner. My age is a secret. 😉
- What is one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to stuff my face with seafood
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Stretchy and comfortable
- What kept you sane?
Prayer, yoga, hugs
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
The Duchess of Cambridge
- What political issue stirred you the most?
Euthenasia/Right to Die
- Who do you miss?
My brother Nathan. Dearly.
- Who was the best new person you met?
My youngest niece born January 2012
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
The ability to control your life is an illusion. I can only control what my next choice is going to be but the outcome is still in God’s hands. I need to surrender to that and trust in God’s love for me.
- Quote a song lyrics that sums up your year:
I’m horrible with lyrics…can’t think of anything